"They Call The Wind Mariah"
That old Lerner and Lowe song from the musical Paint Your Wagon should help you remember why you use the essential oil blend named Mariah. It’s for your wind … the air you breathe. Nothing is more important to your overall health than a healthy respiratory system.
- Mariah was specifically designed for use against the new flu strains that are giving people such a scare these days. It seems to be the nature of these new strains to manifest very differently from one person to another and one season to the next. One person may sustain more damage to the circulatory system while another person may be hit hardest in the lung and respiratory areas. One season, the strain sends whole classrooms home for a week, the next season, the impact is minimal.
- Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics and over-the-counter synthetic flu treatments, this blend has both powerful antiviral/antibacterial properties. It’s also designed for safe home use.
- It has the ability to clear and support the lungs.
- Begin your home treatment with a back massage using Millenia, a balancing and aligning blend. This will improve the effectiveness of Mariah and prepare for more deep and lasting penetration of any subsequent oils.
- Then proceed by dripping Mariah undiluted along the spine. Mariah can be used in conjunction with Revitalize for endocrine support to increase energy and stamina to fight off the most challenging stubborn flu strains. Also, you can use Mariah in conjunction with Vitality to strengthen the heart.
- Apply Mariah diluted, to the chest and back at frequent intervals throughout any flu episode. After applying Mariah to the back, along the lumbar area of the spine, apply a warm, damp towel to help the oil penetrate better.
- Apply Mariah to the feet with a hair dryer to help the oil penetrate and travel throughout the body more quickly and effectively.
- Diffuse 10 to 20 drops of Mariah near the patient to aid in clearing the lungs. It’s especially helpful to use a diffuser in a steamy bathroom so the steam can mix with the aromatic molecules to more easily penetrate the delicate tissues of the lungs and sinus cavities and keep them clear and open.
Companion blends and single oils
Other respiratory oils to try include Aspire (for respiratory health deep in the lungs), Breezy (especially formulated for upper respiratory health), and Stefanie (another strong antimicrobial blend designed to fight resistant bacteria in the lungs. For the most stubborn respiratory conditions rotate between Stefanie and Mariah.
Single essential oils that have antiviral properties that you can use as natural flu remedies include Fir, Tea Tree, Ravensara, Spearmint, Peppermint, Thyme, Oregano, and Neroli. Use them in diffusers, in hot baths, and in capsules you can take throughout the cold and flu season. They’re even more important during a flu episode.
Essential oil ingredients in the Mariah blend
Bay, Helichrysum, Idaho Tansy, Opopanax, Ravensara, Spearmint, Spikenard, Thyme, Turmeric and Wintergreen
You can find Mariah and the other essential oils blends mintioned in this article on http://www.youroilessentials.com